We are very proud of our whitewater rafting training programs that help build a community of safe, knowledgable, and responsible boaters. These classes are designed primarily for private boaters looking to improve their boating and safety skills.
River Rafting Training Courses
- Virtual Rafting Training
- Class III Rowing School
- Class IV Rowing School
- Advanced Swiftwater Rescue (WRTA)
- Custom and Private Instruction
- International Rafting Federation (IRF) River Guide Workshop
Our Whitewater Rowing Schools
We’ve spent 10 years developing a curriculum that improves rowing skills and develops safety knowledge. The list below has some key details about our courses.
- Each student rows their own boat
- Video review to assist with difficult concepts
- Open to both rafts and catarafts
- Designed for oar boats but paddle rafts and inflatable kayakers are welcome
- A heavy focus on safety
- Enthusiastic instructors who are also experienced private boaters
Class III Rowing School
Five days of river rafting training on the Rogue River to introduce technique and proper safety for rowing rafts and catarafts. We bring enough rafts so each student will get a plenty of time “behind the sticks” and be able to try out a few different raft sizes and oar options.
This is a five day wilderness trip on the wild section of the Rogue River. We’ll camp each night along the river and enjoy delicious meals prepared by the instructors.
Class IV Rowing School
Our Class IV Rowing Schools are based in Hood River, Oregon where we have access to various Class III and IV rivers for training. The school is based from a vacation home where we return each night for evening classes and a warm bed.
This course is designed for people with solid Class III experience who are looking to expand their abilities. Our main focus is safety and team boating needed for running difficult rivers. You will also run challenging rapids under the supervision of our rowing instructors.
This whitewater rafting course is designed for oar boats and catarafts but inflatable kayakers and paddle teams are also welcome.
Rafting Private Instruction
Our private instruction classes are a great option for many people. Most of these classes are two days and offered near our global headquarters in Hood River, Oregon. We will select rivers to fit your needs and experience.
We can cater a private instruction course for your needs. Here is a short list of private instruction courses we commonly do:
- Introduction to whitewater rowing
- Preparation for rowing the Grand Canyon
- Swiftwater Safety and Rescue
- Inflatable Kayaking
- Transitioning from Class II to Class III
- Transitioning from Class III to Class IV
- Introduction to overnight trips